I’m happy to say that I have finally started working on the new purse for myself that I have been talking about for so long. I was hoping to get it done before I went to Hawaii, but I ended up having no motivation whatsoever. I’m glad I waited though, mainly because I want to make no mistakes on this bag, or at least only mistakes that I would notice.
So far it’s been pretty easy. One thing that is new to me is doubling up on the interfacing to make the fabric more stable. Hopefully my iron got hot enough for that second layer to stick. At this point, that’s the only thing I am concerned about.
I have modified the pattern just a bit. She only calls for one external pocket, but I’m going to do two. I always like to have one extra large pocket for my iPad. This time around I thought it might be cool to have it on the outside of the bag. The other side I will keep my keys and phone in so it’s easier to get to. The inside will remain the same with all those pockets, but I’m wondering if I should tighten them up a bit. They seem to be a bit loose for my taste. Maybe just pull the elastic a bit more than what she calls for.
I should have the purse done in a few days at the most. Maybe I can even finish it tonight. 🙂