I am soooo soooo soooo happy! I finally finished my In-Laws quilt! I ended up making the binding just a bit too small width-wise. I didn’t want to hand bind this bad boy since it has two layers of batting in it. I think that would have killed my hands. Plus, since I machine bounded them I was able to do it very quickly.
This time around I actually did a zig-zag stitch for the binding. I saw that a friend of mine had done it to one of hers and I thought it could be cool especially since I have a triangular pattern for the quilt. I think it will hold it together nicely.
The only problem I ran into was I ran out of my dark blue thread. For some reason I guess I only needed one spool. I ended up using a close second that I already had by Aurafil, and I gotta say, I don’t see what all the hype is about this thread. I have used two different spools of the brand, and both times they break while I’m trying to sew. I usually use Mettler, or Gutterman and I don’t have problems like I do with Aurafil. I ended up just throwing away the spools after I was done with both of them. Not going to use it again.
Now it’s time to wash it and see how crinkly it will turn out! 🙂