Well, it’s been a while since I started working on this behemoth, but it’s turned out pretty nice. The finished size is 84″ x 96″. It’s huge! I used Tula Pink’s Field Study pattern for this one, although it’s pretty obvious I didn’t follow the instructions very well. I do have to say that this pattern was easy to use. It’s just the same block over and over again. You just have to make sure you put together the fabrics to match the block above or below it. When I was making the columns the thing I messed up was I thought they were all supposed to go the same way. You can…but the chevrons would be a lot smaller.
The fabric I used was also from Tula Pink called Parisville. I had purchased a fat quarter bundle a while back thinking I had plenty…but instead I fell short…by a lot. I looked online for more but didn’t have any luck finding any of the prints that I wanted. I remembered I had some white cotton that I could use to make some alternating rows. I didn’t actually have enough of it either. You can see near the bottom the “interesting part”. It’s just off balance. Oh well! I slept with it last night and it was super comfy so I don’t mind how it turned out. It’s not like it’s going into a competition or anything. 🙂
This picture really doesn’t do it justice though. When you see it up close and personal, it’s actually a pretty sweet quilt. This photo was taken after I washed it so it got that crinkly look that I was hoping for.
This is the backside of the quilt. I used the left over pieces of the Parisville fabrics for a border, and then made four big blocks for the middle piece. I think it almost makes for a better front. haha The binding I just grabbed from a local fabric store, but I really like the way it went with the rest of the quilt. Plus, green is my favorite color! 🙂
My favorite part of the quilt are the faces that Tula Pink drew with the cool/funky wigs. This one is my favorite one, plus I just love all the colors on this one. I put all of these types of fabrics and put them in the same row right in the middle of the quilt. Here are some of the other photos I took to show some detail. The quilting I did just went along with the chevrons. It was the first time I didn’t do stitch in the ditch! I’m loving the end results!